ITINERARY FOR SUNDAYS DEPARTURES
16 DAYS - 14 NIGHTS - 20 MEALS
2017 Prices from $1739 + 570 taxes/pp (based on double occupancy)
*Prices are per person, based on double occupancy (taxes & fees: $485); include the Early Booking savings of $250/person (if booked by Feb. 28, 2017) and are based on Toronto departures with roundtrip flight in Economy Class on board Air Transat (subject to change without notice).
Discover the ancient capital of the Roman Empire, then continue on to Pompeii, a village that stands still in time, covered in the ashes of Mount Vesuvius. Live the dolce vita on the famous Amalfi coast and take your time to discover Sorrento, Capri and Amalfi.
• Rome: half-day guided tour
• Pompeii: visit the archaeological site
• Capri: a guided tour of the legendary island
GOOD TO KNOW
- There will be bilingual local guides throughout the guided portion of the tour
- The local visitors’ tax (3-5 euros per hotel) is not included and is payable at the destination
The schedule of visits may vary, depending on departure dates
DAY 1 : Toronto or Montreal • Rome
Depart for Rome.
DAY 2: Rome
Arrive in Rome. Transfer to your hotel for a 2-night stay in the Eternal City. Enjoy time at leisure and a guided tour of the main attractions. (Breakfast)
GUIDED TOUR BEGINS HERE
DAY 3: Monumental Rome: Guided half-day tour including the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon (interior) and St. Peter’s Basilica (exterior). (BB)
DAY 4 : Rome - Naples - Pompeii - Sorrento (280 km)
In the morning, depart for a panoramic tour of Naples before moving along to the ill-fated city of Pompeii, destroyed in 79 B.C. by the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Lunch in a local restaurant. Overnight in Sorrento. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included)
DAY 5 : Sorrento - Capri - Sorrento (40 km)
After breakfast, depart for the port for your ferry to the Isle of Capri. Once you disembark at Marina Grande, you’ll visit the island's Blue Grotto (weather permitting), Gardens of Augustus and famous Piazzetta. After lunch in Anacapri, you will board a ferry at Marina Grande and return to Sorrento. Dine and overnight in Sorrento. (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
GUIDED TOUR ENDS HERE
DAY 6-7 : Sorrento - Amalfi (62 km)
After breakfast, depart for Amalfi. During the scenic drive along the Amalfi Coast, you will enjoy views of Posiatno, and other fishing villages. Once you arrive in Amalfi, explore this picturesque town at your leisure. You can take the hotel's shuttle to its private beach or visit Amalfi's charming town centre. Dine and overnight on the Amalfi Coast. (Breakfast, dinner)
DAY 8 : Amalfi - Rome (via Pompei) (310 km)
Depart for Rome (approx 5 hours by bus), to your hotel in Rome for your last night in the Eternal City. Overnight in Rome. (Breakfast)
DAY 9 : Rome - Toronto
Transfer to the airport for your return flight. (Breakfast)
ACCOMMODATION (or similar)
Rome 3 nights Hotel Gioberti 4*
Sorrento 2 nights Grand Hotel Vesuvio 4*
Amalfi Coast 2 nights Grand Hotel Excelsior 4*
INCLUDED WITH YOUR TOUR PACKAGE COST
• Travellers should always cover their shoulders and legs when visiting some religious sites.
• In Europe, hotel rooms are generally smaller than in North America. There are rarely two double beds in a room. Triple rooms usually feature one double bed and one single bed or three single beds or one double bed and one foldaway bed or two single beds and one foldaway bed.
• Some types of sports equipment, including golf bags, etc., are not accepted in the rooms. They have to be kept in a specific area, which is usually locked.
• All hotels provide towels; some do not offer face cloths.
• In most European countries the voltage is 220V.
We are Europe experts, having travelled to many countries in Europe, and Italy numerous times, we can give you first-hand experience what distances are covered in Italy, what to watch for, and how to get value for yoru money.