4 nt Classical Greece Coach Tour, combined with Island Stays in Santorini, Mykonos, Crete and Athens
Greece brims with legends, and on this tour, you’ll unveil some of its most famous. From intriguing monasteries carved into enormous peaks to the storied kingdom of Agamemnon, dig into Greece’s fascinating history before exploring its fun-filled islands.
ITINERARY FOR SUNDAYS DEPARTURES
16 DAYS - 14 NIGHTS - 20 MEALS
2018 Prices from $3839/pp* (based on Double Occupancy)
*Prices are per person, based on double occupancy (taxes & fees included in above price: $614) and are based on Toronto departures with roundtrip flight in Economy Class on board Air Transat (subject to change without notice).
Meteora: visit two ancient monasteries
Delphi: visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi
Olympia: visit the site and Archaeological Museum of Olympia
Corinth Canal: stop to take pictures of the impressive canal
Crete, Santorini and Mykonos: free time
Athens: free time
GOOD TO KNOW
- The guide may be bilingual from days 3 to 6.
- This itinerary is for Sunday departures, and differs for other departures, please inquire.
Day 1: Toronto or Montreal • Athens
Direct flight to Athens.
Day 2: Arrive Athens
Transfer to your hotel for 1 night Athens.
BEGINNING OF GUIDED TOUR
Day 3: Athens • Kalambaka (Meteora) (355 km)
Depart in the morning for the small town of Kalambaka. Free time upon arrival. In the afternoon, continue to Meteora, a unique geological formation of spectacular peaks isolated from the rest of the world, where many monks have sought refuge. Visit two ancient monasteries. Overnight in Kalambaka. (BB/D)
Day 4: Kalambaka • Delphi or Arachova (260 km)
Depart for Delphi. Free time upon arrival in the early afternoon. Explore the famous archaeological site and visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi, home of the renowned oracle. Of all the ancient Greek sites, Delphi is one of the most captivating. Overnight in Delphi or Arachova. (BB/D)
Day 5: Delphi or Arachova • Antirrio • Olympia • Nafplion (455 km)
Depart for the Rio–Antirrio Bridge, a cable-stayed bridge that links the Peloponnese to continental Greece, and stop for photos. Then, head to Olympia to visit the site and museum in the afternoon. Continue to Nafplion, tinged with Italian influences and dominated by two fortresses: Acronauplia and Palamidi. Overnight in Nafplion. (BB, D)
Day 6: Nafplion • Epidaurus • Mycenae • Corinth Canal • Athens (Rafina) • Mykonos (228 km)
Depart for the region of Argolis and historic Epidaurus, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its theatre is renowned for acoustics so perfect that, even after 23 centuries, you can hear a coin drop on the stage from the back row. Visit Mycenae, the kingdom of Agamemnon. Stop for photos of the impressive Corinth Canal. Continue to Rafina in Athens, and take a ferry/speedboat to Mykonos. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for your three-night stay. (BB)
END OF GUIDED TOUR
Days 07-08: Crete
Enjoy free time to relax or explore the island at your leisure. Teeming with vast and varied landscapes, Crete is situated at the crossroads of Europe, Africa and AsiaMinor and is the laagrgest island in Greece. It is also the cradle of European civilizations. (BB)
Day 9: Crete • Santorini
Take a hi-speed ferry ship to Santorini for your 3-night stay (BB)
Day 10-11: Santorini
Enjoy free time to relax or explore the island at your leisure. Santorini is truly a spectacular sight, with its whitewashed houses perched atop steep cliffs. (BB)
Day 12: Santorini • Mykonos
Take a hi-speed ferry ship to Mykonos for your 3-night stay (BB)
Days 13-14: Mykonos
Enjoy free time to relax or explore the island at your leisure. North of the Cyclades archipelago (nicknamed the pearls of the Aegean), Mykonos is a must-see with for its windmills and beaches. The island's capital, Hora, stands out with its cubic whitewashed houses and warren of narrow streets. Do not miss one of the most scenic corners of the island, Alefkantra, or “Little Venice.” (BB)
Day 15: Mykonos • Athens
Take a hi-speed ferry ship to Athens for your 1-night stay (BB)
Day 16 Athens • Toronto or Montreal
Transfer to the airport for your return flight. (BB)
ACCOMMODATION (or similar)
Athens (2 nights): President Hotel 4*
Kalambaka (1 night): Amalia 4*
Delphi or Arachova (1 night): Amalia 4* (Delphi) or Anemolia 4* (Arachova)
Nafplion (1 night): Amalia 4*
Crete (Hersonissos - 3 nights): Albatros Resort & Spa 4*
Santorini: (3 nights): Astir Thira hotel 3*
Mykonos: (3 nights): Manoulas Beach 4*
INCLUDED WITH YOUR TOUR PACKAGE COST
• Roundtrip International flight in Economy Class from Toronto or Montreal
• Roundtrip transfers between the airport and the hotel and boat on tour dates
• Accommodation in air-conditioned double occupancy (standard room) with private facilities in hotel
• High speed/ferry transfer: Economy Class (Options 1 & 2) or Business Class (Options 3)
• The services of a bilingual guide during the classical coach
• Hotel taxes and services charges
• Baggage handling
• Meals other than those detailed
• Optional tours
• Fees for visa if required
• Accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is subject to change.
• Indicated distances are subject to change.
• Travellers should always cover their shoulders and legs when visiting some religious sites.
• In Europe, hotel rooms are generally smaller than in North America. There are rarely two double beds in a room. Triple rooms usually feature one double bed and one single bed or three single beds or one double bed and one foldaway bed or two single beds and one foldaway bed.
• Some types of sports equipment, including golf bags, etc., are not accepted in the rooms. They have to be kept in a specific area, which is usually locked.
• All hotels provide towels; some do not offer face cloths.
• In most European countries the voltage is 220V.
We are Greece experts, having travelled to Greece numerous times, and visiting most of the Greek islands, as well as hotels included with these tours, we feel we have a great hands-on experience to relay to our valued clients.