Greece Coach Tour, combined with Greek Island Hopping and Island Stays in Santorini & Mykonos
Popular among our clients for many years, this tour is undeniably a great classic! A perfect blend of cultural visits and leisure time, it offers an overview of Greece’s main mustsee sites. You’ll explore Greece by land — from the site of the most famous ancient Greek oracle in Delphi to the historic city of Athens — and by sea, island-hopping from Rhodes, the island of the knights, to the picturesque Santorini.
GREECE PANORAMIC TOUR PRICES
ITINERARY FOR SUNDAYS DEPARTURES
16 DAYS - 14 NIGHTS - 24 MEALS
4 nights in Athens (1 at beginning and 3 at end of tour)
3 nights Classical Coach Tour
3 nights in Mykonos
4 nights Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise
2019 Prices from $4339.00 (includes $891 taxes/pp)*
*Prices are per person, based on double occupancy (taxes & fees: $864); and are based on Toronto departures with roundtrip flight in Economy Class on board Air Transat (subject to change without notice).
Meteora: visit two ancient monasteries
Delphi: visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi
Olympia: visit the site and Archaeological Museum of Olympia
Corinth Canal: stop to take pictures of the impressive canal
Four-night cruise with all drinks and excursions included to Rhodes, Santorini and the ancient city of Ephesus
Mykonos and Athens: free time
GOOD TO KNOW
- The guide may be bilingual from days 3 to 6.
- A Transat representative will be present in Athens, Mykonos and aboard the cruise ship from May to October.
- This itinerary is for Sunday departures, and differs for other departures, please inquire.
- Drink package included during the cruise, please inquire.
Day 1: Toronto or Montreal • Athens
Direct flight to Athens.
Day 2: Arrive Athens
Transfer to your hotel.
BEGINNING OF GUIDED TOUR
Day 3: Athens • Kalambaka (Meteora) (355 km)
Depart in the morning for the small town of Kalambaka. Free time upon arrival. In the afternoon, continue to Meteora, a unique geological formation of spectacular peaks isolated from the rest of the world, where many monks have sought refuge. Visit two ancient monasteries. Overnight in Kalambaka. (BB/D)
Day 4: Kalambaka • Delphi or Arachova (260 km)
Depart for Delphi. Free time upon arrival in the early afternoon. Explore the famous archaeological site and visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi, home of the renowned oracle. Of all the ancient Greek sites, Delphi is one of the most captivating. Overnight in Delphi or Arachova. (BB/D)
Day 5: Delphi or Arachova • Antirrio • Olympia • Nafplion (455 km)
Depart for the Rio–Antirrio Bridge, a cable-stayed bridge that links the Peloponnese to continental Greece, and stop for photos. Then, head to Olympia to visit the site and museum in the afternoon. Continue to Nafplion, tinged with Italian influences and dominated by two fortresses: Acronauplia and Palamidi. Overnight in Nafplion. (BB, D)
Day 6: Nafplion • Epidaurus • Mycenae • Corinth Canal • Athens (Rafina) • Mykonos (228 km)
Depart for the region of Argolis and historic Epidaurus, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its theatre is renowned for acoustics so perfect that, even after 23 centuries, you can hear a coin drop on the stage from the back row. Visit Mycenae, the kingdom of Agamemnon. Stop for photos of the impressive Corinth Canal. Continue to Rafina in Athens, and take a ferry/speedboat to Mykonos. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for your three-night stay. (BB)
END OF GUIDED TOUR
Days 07-08: Mykonos
Enjoy free time to relax or explore the island at your leisure. A paradise in the heart of the Cyclades archipelago (nicknamed the pearls of the Aegean), Mykonos is a must-see for its windmills and beaches. The island’s capital, Hora (also known as Mykonos), stands out with its cubic whitewashed houses and warren of narrow streets. Do not miss one of the most scenic corners of the island, Alefkantra, or “Little Venice.” (BB)
BEGINNING OF ISLAND-HOPPING CRUISE
Day 9: Mykonos
Transfer to the port of Mykonos (approximately 11am), where you’ll board the cruise ship. (BB/D)
Day 10: Kusadasi (Turkey) • Patmos
Arrive in Kusadasi. Enjoy your included excursion to the ancient city of Ephesus, where you’ll discover the eternal relics of the Hellenistic, Roman and Christian eras (guided tour of the archaeological site). Around noon, depart for the island of Patmos. (BB/L/D)
IN PORT: Kusadasi (Turkey) between 7:00AM and 1:00PM
IN PORT: Patmos between 4:00PM and 9:00PM
Day 11: Rhodes
Early morning, arrive in Rhodes, the island of the knights. Enjoy your included excursion: medieval visit, with the Acropolis of Lindos and the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes. Depart for Crete at the end of the day. (BB/L/D)
IN PORT: Rhodes between 7:00AM and 6:00PM
Day 12: Heraklion (Crete) • Santorini
In the morning, arrive in Heraklion, Crete’s capital. In the afternoon, you’ll reach Santorini. Enjoy your included excursion: watch an unforgettable sunset and admire stunning views of Santorini. From the traditional towns of Firostefani and Imerovigli to magnificent Oia, this visit will give you an eyeful. (BB/L/D)
IN PORT: Crete (Heraklion) between 7:00AM and 11:30AM
IN PORT: Santorini at 4:30PM - 9PM
13 Piraeus • Athens
Morning arrival in Piraeus, the cruise’s final stop. Transfer to your hotel in nearby Athens for your three-night stay. And enjoy an optional excursion: a guided tour of Athens, including visits to the Acropolis and its museum ($). (BB)
END OF ISLAND-HOPPING CRUISE
Days 14-15: Athens
Enjoy free time to explore the many facets of Athens, the cradle of European culture with its sacred Acropolis atop a craggy hill – symbol and jewel of the classical era. Athens is a city of undeniable charm; its always-bustling colourful districts, its numerous museums and its openair ancient sites are an absolute must-see. (BB)
16 Athens • Toronto or Montreal
Transfer to the airport for your return flight. (BB)
ACCOMMODATION (or similar)
Athens (4 nights): President Hotel 4*
Kalambaka (1 night): Amalia 4*
Delphi or Arachova (1 night): Amalia 4* (Delphi) or Anemolia 4* (Arachova)
Nafplion (1 night): Amalia 4*
Mykonos (3 nights): Kamari Beach Mykonos 4*
At sea (4 nights): Celestyal Olympia
INCLUDED WITH YOUR TOUR PACKAGE COST
• Roundtrip International flight in Economy Class
• Roundtrip transfers between the airport and the hotel and boat on tour dates
• Accommodation in air-conditioned double occupancy (standard room) with private facilities in hotel
• Accommodation in air-conditioned double occupancy (standard double or twin cabin) on cruise Drinks (including alcohol) and excursions are included during cruise
• High speed/ferry transfer : Economy Class (Options 1 & 2) or Business Class (Options 3)
• The services of a bilingual guide during the classical coach
• Complimentary use of fishing and snorkelling equipment, subject to availability on the boat
• Hotel taxes and services charges
• Baggage handling
• Meals other than those detailed
• Optional tours
• Fees for visa if required
YOUR SHIP: Celestyal Olympia
• Inside Cabin, Outside Cabin and Outside Superior Cabin are available for all Options
• Accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is subject to change.
• Indicated distances are subject to change.
• Port times may vary and are subject to change.
• Disembarkation by tenders in some ports.
• Travellers should always cover their shoulders and legs when visiting some religious sites.
• In Europe, hotel rooms are generally smaller than in North America. There are rarely two double beds in a room. Triple rooms usually feature one double bed and one single bed or three single beds or one double bed and one foldaway bed or two single beds and one foldaway bed.
• Some types of sports equipment, including golf bags, etc., are not accepted in the rooms. They have to be kept in a specific area, which is usually locked.
• All hotels provide towels; some do not offer face cloths.
• In most European countries the voltage is 220V.
We are Greece experts, having travelled to Greece numerous times, and visiting most of the Greek islands, as well as hotels included with these tours, we feel we have a great hands-on experience to relay to our valued clients.