Greek Island Hopping combined with Classical Greece Coach Tour, and Island Stays in Santorini & Mykonos
On this tour, discover legends of every variety, from the stuff of Greek mythology to islands whose spectacular beauty defies all imagination. Explore Greece by land – from the spellbinding monasteries carved into the peaks of Meteora to the site of the most famous ancient Greek oracle in Delphi – and by sea, island-hopping to storybook destinations aboard a cruise ship.
ITINERARY: SUNDAY DEPARTURES
16 DAYS - 14 NIGHTS - 23 MEALS
1 night Athens
3 nights Classical Coach Tour
3nights in Mykonos
3 nights Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise
4 nights in Santorini
2019 Prices from $3699 taxes included (based on Double occpuancy)
Price above includes $614 taxes/pp
*Prices are per person, based on double occupancy (taxes & fees included: $864) and are based on Toronto departures with roundtrip flight in Economy Class on board Air Transat (subject to change without notice).
Meteora: visit two ancient monasteries
Delphi: visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi
Olympia: visit the site and Archaeological Museum of Olympia
Corinth Canal: stop to take pictures of the impressive canal
Crete, Santorini and Mykonos: free time
Athens: free time
GOOD TO KNOW
- The guide may be bilingual from days 3 to 6.
- A representative will be present in Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos and aboard the cruise ship from May to October.
- Extensions in Mykonos and Santorini are available, please inquire.
- This itinerary is for Sunday departures, and differs for other departures, please inquire.
- Drink package included during the cruise, please inquire.
- Stateroom and room upgrades are available, please inquire.
Day 1: Toronto or Montreal • Athens
Direct flight to Athens.
Day 2: Arrive Athens
Transfer to your hotel for 1 night Athens.
BEGINNING OF GUIDED TOUR
Day 3: Athens • Kalambaka (Meteora) (355 km)
Depart in the morning for the small town of Kalambaka. Free time upon arrival. In the afternoon, continue to Meteora, a unique geological formation of spectacular peaks isolated from the rest of the world, where many monks have sought refuge. Visit two ancient monasteries. Overnight in Kalambaka. (BB/D)
Day 4: Kalambaka • Delphi or Arachova (260 km)
Depart for Delphi. Free time upon arrival in the early afternoon. Explore the famous archaeological site and visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi, home of the renowned oracle. Of all the ancient Greek sites, Delphi is one of the most captivating. Overnight in Delphi or Arachova. (BB/D)
Day 5: Delphi or Arachova • Antirrio • Olympia • Nafplion (455 km)
Depart for the Rio–Antirrio Bridge, a cable-stayed bridge that links the Peloponnese to continental Greece, and stop for photos. Then, head to Olympia to visit the site and museum in the afternoon. Continue to Nafplion, tinged with Italian influences and dominated by two fortresses: Acronauplia and Palamidi. Overnight in Nafplion. (BB, D)
Day 6: Nafplion • Epidaurus • Mycenae • Corinth Canal • Athens (Rafina) • Mykonos (228 km)
Depart for the region of Argolis and historic Epidaurus, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its theatre is renowned for acoustics so perfect that, even after 23 centuries, you can hear a coin drop on the stage from the back row. Visit Mycenae, the kingdom of Agamemnon. Stop for photos of the impressive Corinth Canal. Continue to Rafina in Athens, and take a ferry/speedboat to Mykonos. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for your three-night stay. (BB)
END OF GUIDED TOUR
Days 07-08: MYKONOS
Enjoy free time to relax or explore the island at your leisure. North of the Cyclades archipelago (nicknamed the pearls of the Aegean), Mykonos is a must-see for its windmills and beaches. The island’s capital, Hora, stands out with its cubic whitewashed houses and warren of narrow streets. Alefkantra, or “Little Venice,” is not to be missed. (BB)
BEGINNING OF ISLAND-HOPPING CRUISE
Day 9: Mykonos
Mykonos Transfer to the port of Mykonos, where you’ll board the cruise ship. Celestyl Olympia (BB/D)
Day 10: Kusadasi (Turkey) • Patmos
Arrive in Kusadasi. Enjoy an included excursion to the ancient city of Ephesus, where you’ll discover the eternal relics of the Hellenistic, Roman and Christian eras (guided tour of the archaeological site). Around noon, depart for the island of Patmos. (BB/L/D)
Day 11: Rhodes
11 Rhodes Early morning, arrive in Rhodes, the island of the knights. Enjoy an included excursion: a medieval tour, featuring the acropolis of Lindos and the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes. Depart for Crete at the end of the day. (BB/L/D)
Day 12: Heraklion (Crete) • Santorini
In the morning, arrive in Heraklion, Crete’s capital. Enjoy an included excursion in the vibrant Cretan capital and cradle of the Minoan civilization, the first civilization in Europe, and visit the Palace of Knossos. In the afternoon, you’ll reach Santorini and disembark for your four-night stay. (BB/L)
END OF ISLAND-HOPPING CRUISE
Days 13-15: Santorini
Enjoy free time to relax or explore the island at your leisure. Santorini is truly a spectacular sight, with its steep cliffs in red and black shades and whitewashed houses perched atop. (BB)
Day 16 Santorini • Athens • Toronto
Transfer by plane to Athens and board your return flight. (BB)
ACCOMMODATION (or similar)
Athens (2 nights): President Hotel 4*
Kalambaka (1 night): Amalia 4*
Delphi or Arachova (1 night): Amalia 4* (Delphi) or Anemolia 4* (Arachova)
Nafplion (1 night): Amalia 4*
Crete (Hersonissos - 3 nights): Albatros Resort & Spa 4*
Santorini: (3 nights): Sunrise Hotel 2*
Mykonos: (3 nights): Vanilla Hotel 3*
At sea (3 nights): Celestyal Olympia
INCLUDED WITH YOUR TOUR PACKAGE COST
• Roundtrip International flight in Economy Class from Toronto or Montreal
• Roundtrip transfers between the airport and the hotel and boat on tour dates
• Accommodation in air-conditioned double occupancy (std room) with private facilities in hotel
• Accommodation in air-conditioned double occupancy (std double or twin cabin) on cruise Drinks (including alcohol) and excursions are included during cruise
• High speed/ferry transfer : Economy Class (Options 1 & 2) or Business Class (Options 3)
• The services of a bilingual guide during the classical coach
• Complimentary use of fishing and snorkelling equipment, subject to availability on the boat
• Hotel taxes and services charges
• Baggage handling
• Meals other than those detailed
• Optional tours
• Fees for visa if required
• Inside Cabin, Outside Cabin and Outside Superior Cabin are available for all Options
• Accommodation mentioned in the itinerary is subject to change.
• Indicated distances are subject to change.
• Port times may vary and are subject to change.
• Disembarkation by tenders in some ports.
• Travellers should always cover their shoulders and legs when visiting some religious sites.
• In Europe, hotel rooms are generally smaller than in North America. There are rarely two double beds in a room. Triple rooms usually feature one double bed and one single bed or three single beds or one double bed and one foldaway bed or two single beds and one foldaway bed.
• Some types of sports equipment, including golf bags, etc., are not accepted in the rooms. They have to be kept in a specific area, which is usually locked.
• All hotels provide towels; some do not offer face cloths.
• In most European countries the voltage is 220V.
We are Greece experts, having travelled to Greece numerous times, and visiting most of the Greek islands, as well as hotels included with these tours, we feel we have a great hands-on experience to relay to our valued clients.